And for my next foray into nadgery old kits that should really be pushed to the bottom of the stash and forgotten about.......
Airfix A4 Skyhawk
A truly ancient kit..... Was new tool in 1958
and according to scale mates was last punted out in 1998ish........so at its newest this is 28 years old but could be up to 68!!
I have no idea where I got it from, been in the stash so long..... But there's no original box, no decals, no instructions cos at some point I printed some off t'internet but I have no memory of doing it
My first plan was to whiff it..... Even found a decal sheet in the spares for something Royal Navy that was right period but then I found a decal sheet for a more recent airfix offering for a A4B
Bit of research shows the A4D-1 was also called the A4A.... The very first production model....... The only visible difference tween the A and B is the B has a refueling probe....... So I'm going to use this decal sheet lol
I've always liked the Scooter..... From the era of interesting jets...... Need to get some paint in the next few days cos I don't have any correct grey....... I don't really like grey planes
Let's see how this relic goes together...... Got less than 30 parts


Airfix A4 Skyhawk
A truly ancient kit..... Was new tool in 1958
I have no idea where I got it from, been in the stash so long..... But there's no original box, no decals, no instructions cos at some point I printed some off t'internet but I have no memory of doing it
My first plan was to whiff it..... Even found a decal sheet in the spares for something Royal Navy that was right period but then I found a decal sheet for a more recent airfix offering for a A4B
Bit of research shows the A4D-1 was also called the A4A.... The very first production model....... The only visible difference tween the A and B is the B has a refueling probe....... So I'm going to use this decal sheet lol
I've always liked the Scooter..... From the era of interesting jets...... Need to get some paint in the next few days cos I don't have any correct grey....... I don't really like grey planes
Let's see how this relic goes together...... Got less than 30 parts


Last edited:
