Theme editor

Scale Model Shop

Outdoor Lighting Installation: What Should I Consider?

reynsi

New member
Joined
Mar 15, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Points
1
First Name
reynsi
Location
New york
1/3
Thread owner
Hello everyone.

I’m planning to improve the lighting around my home and would appreciate some advice on outdoor lighting installation. I’m considering lights for the front entrance, driveway, garden, and patio, but I’m not sure which types would work best for each area.

I’d like something that provides good visibility without being overly bright or disturbing the neighbours.

I’m also interested in energy-efficient options, such as LED or solar-powered lights.

For anyone who has recently installed outdoor lighting, what should I consider regarding wiring, positioning, weather resistance, and ongoing maintenance?

Is it better to hire a professional electrician, or is this a manageable DIY project?
 
Thread owner
Hello everyone.

I’m planning to improve the lighting around my home and would appreciate some advice on outdoor lighting installation. I’m considering lights for the front entrance, driveway, garden, and patio, but I’m not sure which types would work best for each area.

I’d like something that provides good visibility without being overly bright or disturbing the neighbours.

I’m also interested in energy-efficient options, such as LED or solar-powered lights.

For anyone who has recently installed outdoor lighting, especially if you’re considering professional outdoor lighting installation Austin TX, what should I consider regarding wiring, positioning, weather resistance, and ongoing maintenance?

Is it better to hire a professional electrician, or is this a manageable DIY project?
thanks in advance for any help
 
Back
Top