Theme editor

Scale Model Shop

What did I agree too!

DEADPOOL

Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2026
Messages
32
Reaction score
49
Points
13
Location
Manchester
First Name
Scott
Location
Manchester
1/3
Thread owner
Evening all!

Thought having recently joined the forum I'd share a build I completed for a work colleague. Only being a couple of years into this hobby myself, I discovered a chap at work also dabbled in this hobby. His passion lay mainly in overhauling 1/64 scale matchbox style cars. Having seen I'd been building some aircraft he decided to make his own diorama of a WW2 german airfield. So, excited one morning he tells me hes won a kit on ebay. When I enquired what he had won I was met with a 1/64 Ju88 produced by Lindberg. Now two things got me, firstly I had no idea kits were produced in this scale, (my ignorance, from what i've read apparently this was the scale many years ago and most modellers seemed to prefer this? true or false please comment and educate me) And secondly I'd never heard of Lindberg either (again ignorance). Finally when the kit arrived a rather dejected friend wanders over to me quite upset that it wasn't in the best state and some bits were missing along with some broken, Idid explain to him the kit was from 1955 so it had by this time survived a war of it's own. He condemned it to the bin, so me spying an oppurtunity to practice on another kit and help a fellow modeller out offered to take on the project. so here it comes:

20260324_161308.webp
20260324_161334.webp
20260324_161343.webp
20260324_161352.webp




As you can see, the kit has been messed with as expected at 70 years young. The mouldings aren't brilliant but for again the age more than likely fantstic for the time. anyway, got to love a challenge :LOL:
 
Go for it Scott. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and there's a lot of satisfaction from wrestling a geriatric kit into some sort of order. Just take your time, dry fit because there will probably be fit issues and enjoy the challenge.
 
Thread owner
Go for it Scott. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and there's a lot of satisfaction from wrestling a geriatric kit into some sort of order. Just take your time, dry fit because there will probably be fit issues and enjoy the challenge.
Agreed mate, it's always nice to make something from it no matter how it turns out. Couldn't see it go to the bin
 
I've never seen a plane kit in that scale

Lindberg are American I believe

You've got to give it a go, nothing to lose...... Love ancient kits

Think those decals are past their sell by date lol
 
I have this kit too Scott. Believe it or not this kit was last released in 2007! 1/64 is a strange scale.

Look forward to see what you do with it. Here's my box, yours looks much brighter and cleaner.

IMG_3235.webp
 
Thread owner
I've never seen a plane kit in that scale

Lindberg are American I believe

You've got to give it a go, nothing to lose...... Love ancient kits

Think those decals are past their sell by date lol
Yes the decals are too far gone, I've managed to source some off another Junkers but not the 1/64 scale but they are similar in size. I'm not going for a particular historic plane or scheme, it's more about finishing the kit
 
Thread owner
I have this kit too Scott. Believe it or not this kit was last released in 2007! 1/64 is a strange scale.

Look forward to see what you do with it. Here's my box, yours looks much brighter and cleaner.

View attachment 1294405
The box maybe brighter but the kit and the modeller are far from it 🤣
 
Back
Top