Theme editor

Scale Model Shop

Brian's Sovereign of the seas

Thread owner
Found another part of this kit that is more or less useless for me, the parts are suppose to be soaked and bent around the dowel used for the bowsprit yard but they de-laminate as soon as they get wet so another work around was needed :) I used 4mm cherry strips left over.

IMG20260930182344.webpIMG20260930182352.webpIMG20260930182516.webpIMG20260930182945.webp
 
Going well Brian. Seems to be coming together far quicker than Victory, despite all the bling.
 
Thread owner
Getting to thinking about rigging as the actual building coming to a close the thread supplied with the kit is utter rubbish but I should soon be receiving my new ropewalk so I'll be busy making /experiment making different size ropes, looking forward to that :)
Progress so far on the masts.

IMG20261003103730.webpIMG20261003103736.webpIMG20261003103740.webpIMG20261003103751.webpIMG20261003104522.webpIMG20261003104533.webp
 
Last edited:
Thread owner
Morning chaps everything on hold as Manuta managed to omit some of the 8mm dowel for the main and fwd lower yards so there on order, but I can carry on with the shrouds when I receive some 60wt thread for the serving/seizing which should be today. So not a lot to see atm.

IMG20261005084709.webp
 
Back
Top