- Joined
- Jan 26, 2017
- Messages
- 2,739
1/3
I’ve managed a bit more progress 
The flaps were added, the fit wasn’t the best so it needed a bit of Perfect Plastic putty to hide the gaps, a few other areas needed a smear of filler too but in fairness the fit is generally good.
Once the filler had been cleaned up and given time to dry it was on to the priming. Black Mr Surfacer 1500 was sprayed on leaving the usual nice smooth finish.

After this cured I sprayed the underside with AK Real Colors 935 which despite being RLM-65 is also a close match to the Soviet A.li blue

I’ve also painted most of the ancillary parts - undercarriage, spinner etc so It is all starting to come together nicely.
Upper side to be painted next, hopefully another update soon.
Thanks for looking
Geoff.
The flaps were added, the fit wasn’t the best so it needed a bit of Perfect Plastic putty to hide the gaps, a few other areas needed a smear of filler too but in fairness the fit is generally good.
Once the filler had been cleaned up and given time to dry it was on to the priming. Black Mr Surfacer 1500 was sprayed on leaving the usual nice smooth finish.

After this cured I sprayed the underside with AK Real Colors 935 which despite being RLM-65 is also a close match to the Soviet A.li blue

I’ve also painted most of the ancillary parts - undercarriage, spinner etc so It is all starting to come together nicely.
Upper side to be painted next, hopefully another update soon.
Thanks for looking
Geoff.


