Theme editor

Scale Model Shop

ISU-122 Tank Destroyer........ Ogonek 1/30

PaulTRose

Active member
Joined
Jun 13, 2013
Messages
8,186
Reaction score
3,176
Points
113
Location
Tattoine
First Name
Paul
Location
Tattooine
1/3
Thread owner
And for my next foray into the world of ridiculously old or weird kits I present.....

A Soviet era ISU-122 tank destroyer in the odd scale of 1/30.........and it's motorised!!

Done some research..... Ogonek are a small Russian brand who have been around a long time...... Putting out thier own kits of Russian stuff or having a share of the old Frog moulds (I sometimes wonder just how many eastern European companies have had a go with the Frog tooling)

This kit was apparently new tool in 1975.......boxart changed in the 80s and has been out of production for a long time

I have seen one on a Czech auction site going for about 80 quid but I got it last year in an auction job lot for a lot less than that.... Would have worked out about a tenner..... I wasn't interested in it when I bidded, I was after a few other things in the lot but it has intrigued me since I looked in the box when I got it so here we go

It's quite nicely moulded but very old quality..... Compare it to the very first tamiya tanks that were motorised but there's some flash and nasty ejector marks

Decals are very very deceased but I've found something suitable in the spares box

Plan is to look through the spares box for some suitable stowage..... 1/30 isn't that far from 1/35.......and tart it up a bit..... Some light weathering etc...... Then see if I can drive around the carpet lol

Hardest part is the instructions are in Russian on very yellow paper....... And the translate app mangles it a bit lol

But it's all a bit of fun

IMG_20261010_143048.webpIMG_20261010_143243.webpIMG_20261010_143505.webp
 
Last edited:
If you take a photo of the instructions, your phone or computer can probably translate to English. I wonder if that motor works.
 
Back
Top