Theme editor

Scale Model Shop

Papa695s 1/600 HMS Ark Royal

This just shows that, with a bit (or a lot) of work, even an ancient kit can turn out pretty good

Only two barrels broke? I'd call that a lucky, 'ahem' break (see what I did there)
 
Hi Ian, a 1966 kit cannot compare with a later Pitroad kit but you've done a pretty handsome job of it to give the Pitroad a challenge. I do remember making this in my pre teens...1970 and back then it was state of the art. I have the Revell kit with the extras but will need to cut and thin the Island railing structures. They're like the scale of double brick walls.

Cheers,
Wabble
 
Thread owner
I’ve now got the deck seams sorted and painted, going to get some gloss on it now ready to paint the deck markings and to keep the paint on the PE .
9EF7085F-16C1-4A67-95ED-765A2B0879AC.webp7D902528-404D-4016-8556-D897F202052A.webp492052C6-1B7B-4983-B9C6-A926360F6D48.webpC58A96F5-323B-4FBE-A59E-84678D171A9A.webp2AA98DEE-79EA-4C59-A9F9-883B0AD61FA4.webpDFBDB214-47B0-479D-9D23-DE5052E669E4.webp
 
Back
Top