Theme editor

Scale Model Shop

Tamiya 1/12 BMW R80G/S Paris Dakar winner 1984/85

Nicko

Active member
SMF Supporters
Joined
Apr 21, 2019
Messages
1,861
Reaction score
682
Points
113
First Name
Nick
Location
East Anglia
1/3
Thread owner
This kit was given to me as a present in the late 80's when I owned a road-going R80GS. It has resided in various lofts since then and seems to be quite rare. However, it was always my intention to build it one day and I'd been thinking about it for a while when I found a replica decal set made by Blue Stuff. That gave me the final push to get on with it. It has taken almost a year - on and off - to complete because I really wanted to make the best job I could. Wheels have been re-spoked with wire and I attempted to improve some other parts where I could. Main paints are from Zero and I took a couple of goes to get that completed to my liking. Anyway, here are the pics:

20260930_171747.webp

20260930_171827.webp

20260930_171837.webp

20260930_171854.webp

20260930_171903.webp

20260930_171922.webp

20260930_171939.webp

20260930_171722.webp

And the usual 'for scale' shot that I forgot to take with the others......

20260930_175640.webp


And finally, a little self-indulgence with a picture of my GS in Italy during June 1988.

20260930_171136.webp

Thanks for looking in.

Nick
 
Back
Top