1/3
Another cracker Joe. Lovely finish on a true classic of the skies.
Very nice indeed. And I'm even more tempted to do a third (or fourth?) one of these nowDecals are now all on, mercifully a relatively quick job after recent builds.
View attachment 1293830
Cheers Steve, nearly there, I will post the completed pictures soonAnother cracker Joe. Lovely finish on a true classic of the skies.
Thank you ChrisVery nice indeed. And I'm even more tempted to do a third (or fourth?) one of these now
Does the gas warning panel really sit that far out on the wing, as they're usually positioned closer to the cockpit? It might even be easier to see there out by the roundel
Cheers Jim. The putty I have is AK, but all of the generic brands are the same. I left the Hurricane putty on overnight after applying. The trick is to not use too much, spread it with a finger so you have a thin mask, rather than using blobs. It self-levels, and as you suggest, using too much causes it to 'flow' due to gravity. A little goes along way.That's turned out a real treat.
That masking putty - do you find it tends to sag, sort of flow off, so you have to paint pretty soon after applying it? I don't know what make yours is but mine does![]()
Chris, this photo is from the IWM. I'm not sure there was a definite position for gas patches, but this one is clearly on the outboard of the roundel.Does the gas warning panel really sit that far out on the wing, as they're usually positioned closer to the cockpit? It might even be easier to see there out by the roundel

And that's the picture Airfix based this kit version on, I see. Nice to see some proper research being doneChris, this photo is from the IWM. I'm not sure there was a definite position for gas patches, but this one is clearly on the outboard of the roundel.
View attachment 1294027
scalemodelling.co.uk is a privately operated online discussion forum. All content posted by members reflects their own views and opinions and does not necessarily represent those of the forum owners or administrators. While reasonable efforts are made to moderate content, no responsibility is accepted for user-generated material. By using this site, you agree to comply with UK law and the forum rules.