Theme editor

Scale Model Shop

The Football Thread

Yes I agree about Yeovil. The Quedam looked a bit dead, as well as the High Street, and that was a bit before covid last time I was there. At the time I was more preoccupied with solicitors, funeral arrangements, registrar's office etc.
There used to be a nice model shop named Model Kits in Hendford at the top of town that I used to visit every time I was in Yeovil ran by a guy named Bob Banfield. It closed down about 15 years of so ago. It was almost next to the car park entrance, about 2 doors along from memory. Bob always had a few out of the ordinary kits and bits for sale. The other model shop I used to look in on was Hendford Halt on the road out to West Coker that was a model railway shop.
 
No model shops in Yeovil now that I know of. Living near Bruton we have two within a short distance of. Frome model centre is OK, though not as good as it was a few years ago. The other one is Manns Model Moments in Wincanton. It’s a small shop but is very well stocked and well worth a visit if you are ever down this way again.
 
I think Mann's Model Moments had a smallish stand at Telford last year from what I can remember and I seem to remember seeing a YouTube analysis by them of the costs of trading there.
Besides the two shops you already mentioned, there is another named Model Shed I think in a small industrial unit. Not sure exactly where located but think it might be somewhere close to the Fleet Air Arm Museum.
I would like to visit the area again as we have not visited the churchyard in West Coker since my late mother in law was laid to rest there along with her late husband's ashes from some years previously. Most likely we will stay in the Warners at Cricket St.Thomas. Used to visit the zoo there when our kids were small and before Warners developed it !
 
I think Mann's Model Moments had a smallish stand at Telford last year from what I can remember and I seem to remember seeing a YouTube analysis by them of the costs of trading there.
Besides the two shops you already mentioned, there is another named Model Shed I think in a small industrial unit. Not sure exactly where located but think it might be somewhere close to the Fleet Air Arm Museum.
I would like to visit the area again as we have not visited the churchyard in West Coker since my late mother in law was laid to rest there along with her late husband's ashes from some years previously. Most likely we will stay in the Warners at Cricket St.Thomas. Used to visit the zoo there when our kids were small and before Warners developed it !
I think Model Shed was the one near Ilminster. If it is, I also think it closed last year…..
Small world again….my daughter had two birthday parties, and spent a day as a keeper, at Cricket St Thomas zoo when she was little. Fantastic place, feeding the Lemurs and Tapirs was a great experience. Must be nearly twenty years ago now. Before it was a zoo it was Blobbyland of course….avoided that like the plague.
 
Back
Top