Theme editor

Scale Model Shop

We found a classic

colin m

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
9,391
Reaction score
829
Points
113
First Name
Colin
Location
Stafford, UK
1/3
Thread owner
The finished build, hopefully something close to the style of one of Ron's pieces.
The scene is a garden, that has seen better times, where, many years ago, someone started to dismantle a Mk1 Ford Escort Mexico. But like so many restorations, life got in the way and it was never completed. So here, we discovered the car, half hidden under a tarp' on bricks in a semi dismantled state, waiting to be rescued. And judging by the current prices people are paying for Escorts, it wouldn't be long before this car would be rescued.
But of course, no Ron tribute would be complete without an effort to create a bit of water. You might notice an abandoned pond, in the old forgotten garden. The PVA isn't the best 'thing' to represent water and I'm still waiting for it to dry !
IMG_4163.webpIMG_4165.webpIMG_4167.webpIMG_4170.webpIMG_4171.webp

IMG_4164.webp
 
Brilliant finish Colin, another lovely Ron-style scene. The pond looks good. In particular I like the effect you have achieved on the block wall.
 
Excellent stuff colin , a proper ron style dio! Love the mucky matt finish on the shell and all the assorted bits surrounding it . Somebody will come along and rescue it soon I’m certain , top work mate , cheers tony
 
Thread owner
Many of the photos could be mistaken for the real thing
Cheers Jim. That did happen with a non modeler friend, and his wife.
I like the effect you have achieved on the block wall.
Thanks Joe. Plain old Polyfilla, with the detail added whilst it was still wet.

I joke about the cost of Escorts these days. The below was mine, many years ago, sold before the prices went up like a rocket.
2 Donnington.webp
 
Thread owner
Love the mucky matt finish on the shel
Cheers Tony, that was quite a satisfying part of the build. It meant I could search the web for real 'barn find' cars. Some of them got me thinking about what to do when I retire !
 
Back
Top