Theme editor

Scale Model Shop

What's on the Bench 2025

Good to see you enjoying yourself . Bench looking as if it's lived in !
Still marvel at how you manage in that scale and make it look so real
 
Not that exciting but I did some compressor maintenance (rusty water etc)

I'm using a compressor from the DIY store that lives in the closet, and I use this setup with a gauge, aquarium hoses and small water taps.
For years I've been dealing with leaky connection xD,
pneu_001.webp

So I was looking for 2 new pneumatic taps/valves and found a few pneumatic kits on Amazon,
pneu_002.webp

It's still a work in progress but all my leaks are gone 👌 so very happy with the new plumbing.
Compressor goes in on the left > moister trap with fine tune gauge > 2 valves > air to airbrush 0.3mm (left) or 0.5mm (right).
pneu_003.webp
 
All my other projects are on hold at the moment while I play with this, a fathers day pressie from my lad.

Tons of work have gone into it so far and there's still a way to go but it's a great refresher after getting bogged down with having so many other things in the go at once.

1000006425.webp

A Warhammer 40k Ork vehicle, Shokkjump Dragsta
 
I went to the Shropshire Model Show a week or so ago. A good little show. Got chatting to a guy called Adrian Hopwood. A excellent figure painter. He has a website - www.bashmodels.co.uk. On a nearby table was a guy selling 3D figures and you know how it is :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: I got a bit carried away.

Inspired by Adrian and full of good will and bacon butty I bought a Dwarf Warrior!
Here he is cleaned up and primed.
IMG20260704125236.webp

IMG20260704125247.webp

IMG20260704125257.webp

...and painted a bit
P1080228.webp

I'm so far out of my comfort zone it's ridiculous :ROFLMAO:
 
This arrived yesterday. Going to build it for the Ron Memorial Build.

2026_3.webp

I lost interest with C being like she is, a constant worry . Saw we were going to do a build in Ron's memory, so gave me the push I needed.
I knew of Ron's illness a long while ago , he asked me not to say anything. As fellow wood "BUTCHERS " we often had a laugh.
 
I am currently working on two Airfix 1/48 Sea Kings which means that there isn't much room for anything else on my modelling bench.

On the left is Sea King HC.4 "King of the Junglies" (ZA298) that is being build OOB but with aftermarket wheels. On the right is Sea King HU.5 "Damien" (XV666) which is getting the aftermarket treatment in a big way. The "barn door" engine intake shield and CENTRISEP sand filters have not been glued to their respective fuselages yet:
Westland_Sea_King_48_2026_GB_076.jpg

A side view showing some of the aftermarket stuff, including gearbox, engines, driveshafts:
Westland_Sea_King_48_2026_GB_077.jpg

There is also an avionics bay and the cockpit has aftermarket seats, one of which can just be made out:
Westland_Sea_King_48_2026_GB_060.jpg


Dave
 
Back
Top